Thursday, March 5, 2009

Surgery Consult

Sorry, I was worn out yesterday or I would have updated sooner. We met with the surgeon in the morning and to make a long story short, next Monday Chase goes back to Children's for an upper GI and an esophagram, then some time next week he will wear a pH probe up his nose, down into his stomach for 24 hours. After we get those results surgery will be scheduled. The question at this point is whether or not to do the fundoplication. The surgeon said that because Chase is already so low tone, doing that particular procedure could put enough pressure on his lower esophagus to make swallowing impossible for him permanently. We think it can be avoided and are hoping to be able to do a Gj tube surgery soon. He also told me to stop thinking of the feeding tube as a temporary thing.

One day at a time, one test at a time....

On the 20th we have someone from the county along with an architect from UB coming to plan out the ramp for the front of the house. I'm excited to be able to roll him out easily for walks when the weather gets nice. I know the grading rules say it has to go out a foot for every inch it goes down, I have images of this thing going WAYYY out into the back yard, LOL. Or having to zig zag multiple times before we reach the cars. We'll have to leave an hour early everywhere we go just to get down the ramp, LOL...

Well, tomorrow is his 18 month check up with the pediatrician. It really seems kind of pointless...they haven't seen him since any of this exciting news, and I'm not sure they'll be all that happy to see us, LOL. I think we scare them!

HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck next week!!! I'll be thinking about you guys! Britt

    ReplyDelete